Welcome, Guest.
Back to The X-Files Lexicon 
Please login or register.
September 23, 2017, 4:57am

Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

X-Files Lexicon Forum    Episodes By Seasons    Season Four  ›  The most scary episode of S4...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

What was the most scary episode of S4?
Home (9 votes)
75.00%
Sanguinarium (2 votes)
16.67%
elegy (1 votes)
8.33%
Unruhe (0 votes)
0%
Leonard Betts (0 votes)
0%
Synchrony (0 votes)
0%
Unrequited (0 votes)
0%
12 Votes Total Last vote February 27, 2010, 5:10pm by LexiconMatt
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

The most scary episode of S4...  This thread currently has 3,291 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
LexiconMatt
March 1, 2006, 7:23pm Report to Moderator
Administrator
The most scary episode of Season 4, please explain why you voted for the episode you chose.

Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message
kezmulder
March 6, 2006, 11:33am Report to Moderator

Baby Member
Home It has to be the most disturbing episode of a tv show ever.

Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 1 - 8
1aur
March 7, 2006, 5:04pm Report to Moderator

Baby Member
Yeah, "Home" was rated MA and FOX didn't rerun it for a few years. It was shocking and gory.

I would've voted for "Never Again." That conversation between Mulder and Scully was scary!

-Laura
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 2 - 8
Renard_Muldrake
March 9, 2006, 4:16pm Report to Moderator

Minimum Member
I'm not sure which is the scariest, I'm not even a big viewer of season 4, but Sanguinarium has gotta be the most disgusting episode of the show that I've seen. I tried watching it again recently and I just turned it off. Damn. They went too far with that one.

--- Taste the Mutants ---
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 3 - 8
Mindless Clone
March 13, 2006, 1:58pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Home didn't scare me so much as gross me out and it didn't even do a great job of that to be honest.

I would go for Elegy for the fact that as this stage we know Scully is effectively dying of Cancer and seeing her so damn terrified was just about scarier than anything else.

Leonard Betts gets a special mention for that line at the end "Sorry you have somethgn I want" to Scully and, again, her joining the dots and workign out she's got the big C going on. I dunno, I find real threats far scarier than monsters I suppose.

I have the power to channel my imagination into ever soaring levels of suspicion and paranoia.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 4 - 8
LexiconMatt
March 26, 2006, 5:38pm Report to Moderator
Administrator
Some interesting replys, let's keep this thread alive.

Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 5 - 8
eaglesnare
April 3, 2006, 3:08pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
I found Home more disgusting than scary. The other episodes I just loved for it's complexity.

I found the episode about surgery scary because people go through surgery every day and it's always with people that you trust to do right by you. I'm always more afraid of situations I can see myself in over things that will probably never happen.

Like the rats jumping out of the toilet. When Scully casually took the rat out of the vehicles engine and told the officer to bag it I really got the creeps in that other episode.
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 6 - 8
LexiconMatt
February 27, 2010, 5:12pm Report to Moderator
Administrator
Morgan and Wong must be really pleased! The Consenus seems to be the episode, "Home".

Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 7 - 8
Detective Manners
August 1, 2010, 11:08am Report to Moderator
Baby Member
I love Home and Sanguinarium. Gonna vote Home though. The script has a lot more going for it than just the scares and the gore and the really disturbing content, the dialogue is pin sharp and the performances are wonderful throughout, Sanguinarium I do love, but it more old school scary, just with lots of gore and running around between set pieces. I do love however that it opens up with someone being told there won't be much blood and then have the episode proceed to be the goriest thing ever.
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 8 - 8
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

X-Files Lexicon Forum    Episodes By Seasons    Season Four  ›  The most scary episode of S4...