Welcome, Guest.
Back to The X-Files Lexicon 
Please login or register.
September 23, 2017, 4:48am

Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

X-Files Lexicon Forum    Episodes By Seasons    Season Five  ›  The Post-Modern Prometheus
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

The Post-Modern Prometheus  This thread currently has 5,938 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
LexiconMatt
March 23, 2006, 10:53am Report to Moderator
Administrator
Please discuss the episode, The Post-Modern Prometheus....

Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message
eaglesnare
March 31, 2006, 4:42pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
What I didn't like about this episode? The fact that  it is a serious issue forcing your desires upon a woman by making her pregnant. What I liked about this episode? That despite the seriousness of the issue I found it funny. There were wonderful little touches to this episode if you were paying attention. Such as the scene in the barn when you realized that most of the towns people resembled the animals around them.

I liked that Mulder got coffee poured on him because of something that Scully said, which  he was blamed for.

I loved the scene where the doctor discussed how he can accomplish his deeds and comes across looking kind of like a maniac.

Of course, I didn't like the scene of the babies on the Springer show because it reminded me of why I shouldn't have been entertained by what I was seeing.
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 1 - 10
victimofthenineties
April 6, 2006, 5:41pm Report to Moderator

Cyanide works best.
Minimum Member
To tell you the truth I found this episode a little stupid. I know it's one of the most famous XF episodes among fans and I did enjoy a few scenes but as an x-file I thought the writers were reaching.

I loved the cinematography and of course the end where they danced to Cher LOL.

Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message YIM Windows Live Messenger Reply: 2 - 10
eaglesnare
April 9, 2006, 5:51pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
This episode I believe was conceived because of the success of "Smallpotatoes" the previous season.

I can understand why you would think of it as a stupid episode but as you can see that's not my beliefs. I enjoy it despite myself
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 3 - 10
victimofthenineties
April 10, 2006, 2:09pm Report to Moderator

Cyanide works best.
Minimum Member
I think I was a little harsh on PMP. I watched it again the other day. It's definately hilarious and a total rip off of all good horror/sci-fi but a good kind of rip off. The kind of rip off that commemorates the originals. I think it would have been cool if they had made an episode using the same cinematogrophy but make it creepy... like a Hitchcock movie LOL.

Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message YIM Windows Live Messenger Reply: 4 - 10
eaglesnare
April 10, 2006, 3:46pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
You've got to give CC credit. Even things you think he ripped off, he gives a different twist and makes it worth your while.

Some people wsay the X-Files is a rip off. I say if it is, it's a glorious one.
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 5 - 10
SpookyXphile
September 6, 2006, 7:45pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member
I really really love this episode. It's my favorite. I know some people dislike this episode because they think that it's stupid or whatever else. But I really love it, I thought there was a lot of cute M/S moments in it. There were other great moments in it too, like the chicken lady reporter, it was a good twist on horror/sci-fi movies.
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 6 - 10
eaglesnare
September 23, 2006, 3:37pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
Many of the fans love this episode including me. The actors also love this episode. Cher, who originally said she didn't want to do it, became upset when she didn't do it and she saw what they did with the episode.
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 7 - 10
DenyEverything
December 16, 2006, 6:15pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Oh I love this episode. I know they take a serious issue and almost make it humerous, but despite myself I love it. And it's an episode with a happy ending. Those women had their babies they loved and got to be on their fav talk show and Mulder and Scully dance and it was just a great scene and the monster guy got to meet Cher! Good times all around.
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 8 - 10
TN1
May 14, 2011, 6:40am Report to Moderator
Guest User
I just watched that episodes lately and must say that I really adore Chris Owens acting and how much personality he gave his role in PMP. His speech near the end of that episode is so well written and touching.
E-mail Reply: 9 - 10
paul52evans
May 30, 2011, 1:35am Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Just loved the episode... It is one of my favorite, specially loved the part played by Scully.

Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 10 - 10
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

X-Files Lexicon Forum    Episodes By Seasons    Season Five  ›  The Post-Modern Prometheus