Welcome, Guest.
Back to The X-Files Lexicon 
Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 11:16pm

Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

X-Files Lexicon Forum    Paranormal Discussions    Psychic Ability  ›  Intuition and ESP....
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Intuition and ESP....  This thread currently has 2,400 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
LexiconMatt
April 8, 2006, 10:23am Report to Moderator
Administrator
I thought I should start off this discussion thread with something fairly general.

Everyone has intuition, a sense about a person or a situation that tells you if it's a good situation or bad.

Is there anything psychic about intuition? Is intuition simply a collection of forgotten past experiences, that you unconsciously remember, that helps inform your gut reaction to a person or a situation that's a potential problem.

Is there anything cosmic about intuition? Are you reading the aura of a person or the aura of an environment, that's telling you to beware of getting involved?

Or is it all in the head?

Any thoughts?

Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message
sabo727
April 23, 2006, 5:56am Report to Moderator
Baby Member
I believe that intuition is a combination of your experinces and something intangible.  
My mom is a classic case.  It is a family joke that mom always knows when one of her 'chicks' has a problem or is ill - and we are all grown and out on our own.  We won;t have heard from her for a while then we will get a 'just thinking about you' call just when something has happened in our lives.  Is it just MOM intuition or something more?  

Sara B.

Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 1 - 6
eaglesnare
June 7, 2006, 5:14pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
I'm a strong belieer in intuition and I've trusted it all my life. It has saved my life when I was younger.
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 2 - 6
Elchupacabra
January 27, 2007, 10:15am Report to Moderator

I can do ALL THINGS thru Christ who Strengthens me
Minimum Member
Quoted from sabo727
I believe that intuition is a combination of your experinces and something intangible.  
My mom is a classic case.  It is a family joke that mom always knows when one of her 'chicks' has a problem or is ill - and we are all grown and out on our own.  We won;t have heard from her for a while then we will get a 'just thinking about you' call just when something has happened in our lives.  Is it just MOM intuition or something more?  

I do believe i have the intuition to get all the answers wrong.
Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message ICQ AIM YIM Reply: 3 - 6
sabo727
February 26, 2007, 5:22am Report to Moderator
Baby Member
Quoted from Elchupacabra

I do believe i have the intuition to get all the answers wrong.

Ain't that the truth!  

I do believe that some people seem to have the ability to 'tune in' the right channel and know things that others don't.  Like I stated in my earlier post, my mom (who died in late November) had the knack and we kids have a little (not enough to keep us out of trouble or hit lotto).  Years ago (over thirty) my mom 'woke' to see her aunt standing in the doorway.  She knew the woman couldn't have been there but asked her what was wrong, she didn't get an answer.  The next morning she got a call that her aunt was taken to the hospital the night before (it turned out okay) and there were other instances like that.  When I started studies in my former field the number one employer for that field was interviewing for the first time in years and she told me - "won't it be wonderful when you work for them?"  I was years away from being able to even think about sending out my resume' but she already knew (and believe me she was adamant that it would happen) I'd work for them.  I'd forgotten about the incident until my sister reminded me after I was hired.

Sara B.

Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 4 - 6
eaglesnare
March 11, 2009, 3:07pm Report to Moderator
Big Member
I have a great respect for intuition or the vibes you get from someone that something is not right. I believe that this has saved my life on more than one occasion. I don't believe everything has to do with data being gathered by the brain. Which is what some like to call it.
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 5 - 6
Emory Bolton
February 17, 2011, 9:59pm Report to Moderator

Baby Member
Do you think mother's intuition is a form of ESP?

Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 6 - 6
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

X-Files Lexicon Forum    Paranormal Discussions    Psychic Ability  ›  Intuition and ESP....