» Welcome, Guest.
Back to The X-Files Lexicon 
Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 11:17pm

Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

X-Files Lexicon Forum    Paranormal Discussions    Extreme Science  ›  Verneshot
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Verneshot  This thread currently has 2,609 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Renard_Muldrake
March 6, 2006, 7:55am Report to Moderator

Minimum Member
Anybody ever heard of verneshot? It's a bizarre and interesting theory on what wiped out the dinosaurs and what could wind up destroying us all. According to this theory, pressure building up under the earth could fire a continent up into space, then it would slam back down and create chaos on earth, most likely wiping out anything larger than an insect.

"If you think you’ve seen it all, just picture this: your entire country, launched into space." http://www.exitmundi.nl/verneshot.htm

Scary, but the idea is kind of cool.

The whole website (http://www.exitmundi.nl/exitmundi.htm) is about scary but interesting end-of-the-world scenarios.

So many ways to go.

"Dying of starvation in the gutter. That is all the future holds for me. Or alcoholic poisoning in the toilet of my choice, that's all there is as far as I can see. Fried to death in seconds by the Russians, or if you're lucky, just a sudden stroke. A lingering death from fallout while your teeth and hair fall out. A certain death from cancer if you smoke".
-- from the song Ye Sleeping Knights of Jesus, by Robyn Hitchcock

--- Taste the Mutants ---
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message
Mindless Clone
March 13, 2006, 1:42pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member
I think I'd actually be pretty happy if my entire country blasted off into space, along with the majority of the people living in it...

...hmm, but seriously (or, at least as seriously as I can take this anyway, which is not a lot if you know me well enough) I find the whole theory completely preposterous. I don't know why anyone would want to come up with yet another outlandish suggestion for the extinction of the dinosaurs when there's already several perfectly good cometry/climate change tehories rolling around the place that do a good enough job of explaining it all.

Perhaps I'm not open minded enough.

I have the power to channel my imagination into ever soaring levels of suspicion and paranoia.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 4
Elchupacabra
January 27, 2007, 10:13am Report to Moderator

I can do ALL THINGS thru Christ who Strengthens me
Minimum Member
Or maybe our Ancestors LOVED Dino-burgers very much!!!!
andf didn't have farms to keep the population levels up.
Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message ICQ AIM YIM Reply: 2 - 4
maggi9donald
February 26, 2011, 1:25am Report to Moderator

I am a Marketing Manager.
Baby Member
Quoted from Elchupacabra
Or maybe our Ancestors LOVED Dino-burgers very much!!!!
andf didn't have farms to keep the population levels up.

Is it so??Damn useful info.

Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 3 - 4
Fonsie
April 1, 2011, 11:35pm Report to Moderator
Guest User
I agree with you such a lovely Dino-burgers!
E-mail Reply: 4 - 4
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print